Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Day With Austin
















I finally talked austin, my future step son, to come out to the river with me. i went and bought him some waders and off we went. we got all the way to the river and i realized that i forgot my rod. man was i bummed! austin told me not to worry about it and let's just walk the river and enjoy nature. i was surprised by that answer. he has never been on a river so he had a blast and was fascinated by the waders, walking in water and not getting wet. we turned over lots of rocks and i taught him about some of the insects. i showed hime some of last years stonefly shucks that were underneath the bridge. the first rock i turned over produced a nice big salmonfly. the only onei've seen this year so far. i got excited. couldn't find anymore, just some caddis larva and baetis. he kept thanking me for taking him and he can't wait to come out again.

3 comments:

Steelie Mike said...

Very cool Mike, Nice Yankee hat as well.

Jory Ward said...

Awesome story, Glad he had a good time. My first child was born last week and I can not wait to teach him about the river and fishin.

mike doughty said...

mike i'd like to piss on that yankess hat