Saturday, November 28, 2009

Uinta Lakes..........





























are officially done for the year. friday i went up to the mountains in search of another lake i wanted to fish. i didn't have real high hopes due to the time of the year but i just had to know for sure. it was a 7 mile drive up thedirt road once i got off mirror lake hwy and less then 1/2 way up the road was covered in snow. once i got far enough up i was making my own path which made for easier driving. i thought to myself i should probably turn around and head back, but i kept trekking on just hoping i wouldn't get stuck. on my way up one of the lakes that i fished a couple of months was completely covered with snow and ice so my hopes got even less. i finally got to where, by my map, i thought the lake should be but i didn't see no lake. at this point i contemplated to keep driving but decided not to push my luck anymore andhead back off the mountain and hit the weeb on the way home. the weather was great all day and since it was a warm day i chose to see if i could move some feeshes on streamers. the water was great andthere were some really nice holes, runs and drifts but only managed to move one fish. i moved it early on and that gave me false hopes that i would get into some fish. nope! after fishing a mile or so up river i walked back to the jeep and headed home.